[sparkscoffee] Re: Revenge

  • From: Ron George <xgeorge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:37:12 -0700

RR,

Re your comment.
Yes, I should have folded when he reraised although he had bluffed another player earlier.

Bad day this weekend but could have been much worse. I was in the Texas Hold Em max bet $300 game and at one point was down $1,000. I only had $200 left so took a big risk. Here is how it
went down.

I was dealt pocket 10's.
Preflop $20 with 5 in the hand including me.
The flop was 4/clubs 7/hearts 10/clubs.
I am the button so I call 4 others $20.
The turn card is 5/clubs.
Now I'm worried because of a possible straight or flush against my set (3 of a kind for the non-HoldEm players) $60 is bet with one call and so I just call. I now suspect that one of the two has either a flush or straight. The reason I called in this case is because I was already down $1000 for the day and another $100 or so didn't make any difference AND I did have 22% chance of winning. 11 outs. i.e. pair the board or a 10 for 4 of a kind. The river card is the 5 of spades. Now I have 10-10-10/5-5. Beats the heck out of straights/flushes. The 1st to act checked then the 2nd player bets all in which puts my remaining $100 in the pot and the checker folds. The better turns over two clubs
for a flush and a slam my Full House down and say Thank You River!

Another hour of play and I am down $285 and I call it a day. Hate to take a loss but happy to recover most of my $1000.

The same game we had a older guy with a tracheotomy wearing a Vietnam vet hat who played crazy for about two hours and turned $300 into $1800.
He was smart enough to leave with his winnings.

RG

On 2/15/2013 5:31 PM, Ron Ristad wrote:
RG,
Good luck but I suggest that you leave your emotions at the door. There's a
saying that it matters not if you won or lost but how you played the game, and
that certainly applies to poker. Judge your results not on how much money you
won or lost, but how well you played your hands.

As I told you I watched the WSOP and I am convinced that I could never be that
good. I saw players throw in straight hands against higher straights, then turn
around and call a big pot with only a pair of deuces and win.

If my straight got beat by a flush then I would be asking myself how I could
have played the hand better.