[sparkscoffee] Re: Obama's kill list

  • From: Sblumen123@xxxxxxx
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 14:36:17 -0500 (EST)

RR & JS
I should think General JS would approve except it is part of
a hate Obama campaign? Heard it discussed on 'Face The
Nation' today. World one and Two also had civilians fight for
the other side and if we could we would assassinate them too.
In a situation like that they give up their citizen rights and I
agree. However I don't agree that we should risk taking out
innocent bystanders plus I don't think we should be militarily
involved in these countries altogether? Also previously saw
David Letterman telling a State Department guest that kicking
down doors on these mud buildings makes our troops look good
to us but causes hatred of us by people who live there.  Makes
sense to me.

Comrade B

In a message dated 2/9/2013 8:16:45 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ristad@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Obama's Kill List Sanctioned by Department of Justice: US Becomes  Outlaw
Nation ...

For months, the White House has been leaking how  President Obama
"carefully" reviews a kill list (assassination) of alleged  terrorists (and who
knows
what other troublemakers end up on the potential  target list?).
Off-the-record comments (and some on the record) are meant to  reassure
Americans that
the president doesn't take the authorization of kills  (with the attendant
"collateral damage" of civilians and children if a drone  strike) lightly,
but seriously contemplates who ends up dead as a sanctioned  hit. As has been
repeatedly noted by commentators not dazzled by the  assumption of
extra-judicial death warrants, it is perplexing and dismaying  that a Harvard
Law
School grad who taught constitutional law at the University  of Chicago is
showing such a lethal disregard for the nation's fundamental  legal document.
Deciding who shall live and who shall die is generally a power  attributed to
Gods in most religions; or one can go back to history before the  birth of
states founded on democracy, when tyrants and monarchs held absolute
powers. The authority Obama has assumed without any legislative or court
permission goes well beyond the Bush/Cheney torture protocol; this is a kill
list,
not just a rendition order. The condemning of a person to death without  due
legal process, without habeas corpus, violates the Constitution in the
most fundamental way. In doing so, Obama is undercutting and eroding the most
basic guarantee in our legal system, at a time when the tide, ironically, is
 turning against capital punishment in the US. A Washington Post article
today  that reveals a hither-too classified document that adds a chilling
corroboration of what has until now only been the subject of strategic leaks
(for which we might add, no one has been prosecuted because these classified
leaks are meant to enhance President Obama's image as a tough guy): The
United  States can lawfully kill a US citizen overseas if it determines the
target is  a "senior, operational leader" of al-Qaeda or an associated group
and poses an  imminent threat to the United States, according to a Justice
Department  document published late Monday by NBC News. The document defines
"imminent  threat" expansively, saying it does not have to be based on
intelligence about  a specific attack since such actions are being
"continually"
planned by  al-Qaeda. "In this context," it says, "imminence must incorporate
considerations of the relevant window of opportunity" as well as possible
collateral damage to  civilians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9O9XzUCaCig

-RR
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
-
Henry Ford