[sparkscoffee] Re: Butchers Of The Islamic State

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Sblumen123@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 12:28:52 -0400 (EDT)

JS
You got a valid point but non the less showing a picture of a GI pissing on
 a dead enemy is not good
for any subsequent happenings. War is horrible as is, best not to make it
even more horrible.

Comrade B

In a message dated 9/4/2014 11:59:26 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
schalestock@xxxxxxxx writes:

RR

Just wondering...is this supposed to represent some kind of moral
equivalency?

I notice he didn't mention any details about why the Marine recon team
urinated on that dead Taliban.  Here's some genuine moral equivalency.  One of
their team members had been captured, tortured then mutilated. Penis  cut
off and stuffed in his mouth. (didn't see any mention of that in the  article.)

 When the team wiped them out in a firefight, pissing on the corpse  of one
of these animals was pretty light payback in my opinion. I would have
joined in.

At any rate, this kind of "journalism" which is transparently predicated
on some kind of supposed "moral equivalency" is pathetic. No one said war was
 a soccer game. Nor that atrocities are  not committed.   But  presenting
this article as some kind of "proof" that we are the cause of all  the
trouble over there is less than convincing to say the least.

JS