[soapcraft] Comments Liz's Soap

  • From: "Liz Brook" <liz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Soapcraft" <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 07:53:40 +1300

Thanks Mandy.

I was interested to hear your comments re my 'bee' on the label.  I'm wanting
to make my label more simple and attractive, not so busy.  But, I had so much
family input when the label was first done that it is difficult to decide what
should be taken out.  So your comment will be taken on board.

The name actually comes from the lack of lavender essential oil in the bar.  I
was making the blend one day - and used up all the lavender I had.  I do like
Ross's comment regarding a lighter swirl.

The colour - yes well was a surprise to me too.  This is where I am random - my
infusions are a handful of this and that and no measuring.  I had just got a
new shipment of alkanet roots and did what I always do.  This is the colour I
got.  It is usually lighter, not so blue a really nice lilac/lavender colour.
I love unmoulding my soap, after 9 years, I still get a kick out of what will
this batch look like.  I've gotten used to the colour and like it - but maybe
for a different soap name.

I love that your are fascinated by my bar.

Cheers
Liz