[sib-access] Re: I need some adice on a theory asignment

  • From: "Jeanine Mooers" <jmmreno@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 15:19:07 -0700

Hey, Sarah. It's Jeanine from the Reno chapter of the NFB. I don't have Sib
Access or the version of Sibelius that it works with, but I used to have an
older version of Sibelius that I used with Sib Speaking, so I was thinking
that if your melodies are short, maybe you could input them along with the
harmonies into Sibelius either with a MIDI keyboard or with the PC keyboard.
As far as analyzing the music is concerned, I know that Sibelius has some
features that look at your music and mark things like parallel fifths and
octaves, but I don't know how you would put in markings for different
sections of a piece. I think there's a way to write your harmonies as
figured bass harmonies, but I don't know how to do that either. Sorry I
couldn't give you more help. Good luck on your assignment.

Jeanine