[sib-access] Re: I need some adice on a theory asignment

  • From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:33:53 -0400

Jeanine, I think Sarah's problem is accessing the printed handout
from her professor, not necessarily what to do once she has the
melodies in an accessible form. Sarah, I apologize in advance if I
have that wrong.

As for marking up the music, in college I used to go alt+C for
create, x for text, o for other, and then F for figured bass. That
would let me write roman and arabic numerals in a column below each
chord being analyzed. For melodic analysis I used to pick "small"
from the text menu and write things like p for passing tone, a for
appogiatura, n for neighbor tone, etc. which would be in small
print above the notes.
Chris