[sib-access] Re: I need some adice on a theory asignment

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:19:03 -0700

If you have Sharp-eye, then you only need a scanner to get this done.

First scan in the music to create a TIF file.
Then launch Sharp Eye and load the image file.
Then (if memory serves) look in the file menu for something like 'recognize'
or 'convert'.

You should be able to figure out which one will convert the image to a file.
Then you'll need to save it in a format for Sibelius, and again just from
memory I think you can save it as a MIDI file.

Then import into Sibelius.

Keep in mind that music OCR is not an exact science, so be prepared for
errors, particularly in note durations.

Also if this music is hand-written, then you're really out of luck, because
these scanning products need a clean, professional score to work well.