[SI-LIST] Re: lumped model vs distributed model

  • From: Jason D Leung <jleung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cclewell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,"si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 15:34:44 -0500

Hi Craig:
thanks very much for your reply , since you are also the first one who tried to
explain this phenomeon to me.
I understand your point, however what I mean from
*****However, the "distributed model" is not freq dependent eh, but it already
capture most of the discontiunity.
*********
is that when we have a lumped R,L,C model and then we find out that this lumped
model can't model the transmission line really well , so we decided to chop the
lumped R,L,C model into smaller sections and this is what I mean for
"distributed model " . The question is since the original lumped R,L,C model
we have is not freq dependent and I guess it is also true when we chop a non
freq dependent lumped R,L,C model into distributed model , the distributed
model itself is still not freq dependent.

thanks
Regards
Jason Leung

List archives are viewable at: