[SI-LIST] Re: homework

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:59:55 -0700

In some circles, like schools, having someone do
your homework is called cheating...  Of course
there are such things as study groups, parents,
becomes, what is the purpose of the [SI-list].
Some may see it as a (bloody?) competitive
environment, others may see it as a friendly
place where everyone loves and cares for each
other and helps with great willingness.

I am not sure how others feel about this, but even
with my greatest love towards my own son, I do get
ticked off if he doesn't show any effort to even
try to attack a problem on his own...  In this day
of age we don't even have to get up from our chair
to find answers on the internet to a wide variety
of questions problems.  So let's not be that surprised
when emotions start flaring when someone asks really
basic questions that they could have answered on
their own with a minimal effort of research.

I agree, patience is a virtue, and love endures,
etc..., but we shouldn't abuse the love of others
either...

Arpad