[SI-LIST] homework

  • From: Gregory R Edlund <gedlund@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 08:29:43 -0500

Dear New Members to the SI List,
I've been reading the list for over ten years.  I have not had much time
to contribute in recent years, but I still try to keep up with what's
going on in the industry.

Speaking for myself, I would invite you to post your question to the list,
no matter how trivial it may seem.  Even if you find something similar in
the archives(//www.freelists.org/archives/si-list), you may have a
slight twist to the topic that will prove useful to others on the list.  I
remember being surrounded by really smart people in my physics classes and
feeling sheepish about asking questions, only to find out later that
everyone else had the same question!  I agree with Doug:  everyone on the
list has the option of ignoring the question.

Let's face it, the "brave new electronic world" has shattered many of our
real-life communities.  On-line communities are sometimes all we have!

Greg Edlund
Senior Engineer
Signal Integrity and System Timing
IBM Systems & Technology Group
3605 Hwy. 52 N  Bldg 050-2
Rochester, MN 55901

Msg: #8 in digest
From: "salammon@xxxxxxxx" <salammon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:32:57 GMT
Subject: [SI-LIST] homework

Many of the recent requests sound like it's easier to hit reply and send a
question to the list than it is to search the web for white papers,
tutorials, and vendor websites and mine them for information, let alone
bothering to call tech support.  This list is an appropriate forum when
you are genuinely stuck and in need of expertise, but it shouldn't be used
as the equivalent of leaning over the cubicle wall to bug the guy next to
you.  We are all, or I hope we are all busy professionals.  That leaves
not much time or patience to do your homework for you.

Sal

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: