[SI-LIST] Re: Package Model in IBIS

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:24:48 +0000

"Right, but what tells you that the line is 0.001
meter long and not 0.001 mm long?"
If it was 0.001 mm long it would also have to be

L = 2000 nH/mm
C = 3000 pF/mm

But you only need to know whether it is m or mm
if you want to build the package (or board in
the case of EBD).  For simulations it doesn't
matter as long as all the length and per length
values are consistently the same.

Arpad