[SI-LIST] Re: Package Model in IBIS

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 18:14:21 +0000

Russell,
Reading between the lines of your question it seems that
you imply that the cancellation I mentioned "gets rid" of
some "negligible" delay.  If this is what you are thinking
I have the feeling that you misunderstood what I was trying
to say.

Let me illustrate this with an example:

If you have a package model which was generated using meters
as the unit for length and has the following data:

L = 2000 nH/m
C = 3000 pF/m
Length = 0.001 meter

then the simulator will make a model which consists of

L=2nH
C=3pF

Notice that the length canceled out.  However, these numbers
can still be converted to impedance (Zo) and time delay (Td)
with the usual equations (in case you wanted to model this
with a T-line), so no delays are lost...

Arpad