[SI-LIST] Re: Intel Motherboard with DDR2

  • From: Chris Cheng <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx '" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:08:19 -0800

If you think about it, the pull up current is really split between the Vterm
(at the parallel terminator) and VDDQ (at the driver pull up). Even though
you can design a VRM that generate both and make them track each other at
low speed. At the fast signal edge rate, they are seperate quantities. So
how do you define return to power ?
The only way is to make the current return through ground. By heavily
decouple the driver on die and at the terminator and return the image
current through ground.