[SI-LIST] Re: Inserion loss of fr4 , 50 ohm trace .

  • From: "Loyer, Jeff" <jeff.loyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sunil_bharadwaz@xxxxxxxxx" <sunil_bharadwaz@xxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 18:41:02 +0000

I would suspect an error in your measurement methodology.  I would re-examine
your de-embedding scheme and/or try with another scheme to verify the
credibility of your measurements.  In trying to discern a mere -1.8dB of
insertion loss, you are going to have to have a very good de-embedding
("calibration") scheme.  If the board wasn't carefully architected to enable
measurements in the first place, you'll be very challenged to get accurate
measurements.

Jeff Loyer