[SI-LIST] Re: Ethernet emissions.

  • From: "Orin Laney" <olaney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 22:58:14 -0700

"Integral magnetics" might mean transformer only or it might also include a
common mode choke.  Make sure you are using the latter.  I think a lot of
transformer only parts are sold because designers don't know the difference
and go for lowest price.  Sometimes they actually pass EMC that way, but a
lot of boards are fixed by spending the extra two bits for the proper part.

Orin Laney