[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: who is this dog?

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 13:50:51 -0600

I have really enjoyed all this discussion about the old dogs... Really gives
you a feel for the breed.

Can someone reforward the link to YouTube again? I watched the film quickly
this morning, but we had our new phone system installed here (CHRISTMAS
EARLY!!!) and I would really like to study it a bit (the film, not the phone
system).

One thing, someone mentioned something about head carriage... A "natural" head
carriage for MOST breeds of dogs with correct structure (Dals, GSD, etc) is one
slightly above the topline. When dogs are working - their heads are carried up
(for function) and honestly, 9 times out of 10, I don't think showleads do dogs
any justice at all (handlers ruin them too)...

JMHO..

Jess Mac
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls