[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: who is this dog?

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kay Reamensnyder" <bedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 13:25:25 -0500

The entire tape is of considerable length and certain parts could have been
excruded from the tape for presentations.  Actually the dog is gaiting next
to a railroad track and the photographers are riding on one of those carts
that are used by workmen. The cart is moved manually by a gear that moves up
and down, maybe it was automated at the time, I don't know.  That part of
the tape in slow motion makes one's hair stand on end.  In one part, at the
beginning, a Shepherd is filmed going up and over high wooden walls, as the
dog comes up & over the film is put in slow motion and as the dog hits the
ground a remarkable technique is used that shows the tremendous impact the
pasterns & the feet take, the point is the importance of tight feet and
strong pasterns in the overall performance of a working dog.  This film
covers every inch of the dog showing how each and every part of the dog
plays a critical role - it is about the TOTAL DOG.
Nancyh