[ SHOWGSD-L ] while I was reading the list.....

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:49:13 -0700 (PDT)

I had The View on.  They mentioned AB1634 when Mary Tyler Moore was on talking
about Broadway Barks, a group that takes shelter dogs and places them in homes
and foster homes.  The comment was "why is this opposed"  I wrote to Joy the
following:

  Why not a manditory spay neuter? I will tell you why.To require all animals
to be neutered will mean no new dogs or cats that are properly bred and raised
at all. I do believe that dogs who are just pets and owned by average people
should be spayed or neutered. But there are quality breeders of many breeds of
dogs and cats who are producing animals of quality for pets and show. To end
all reproduction of pets will end the existence of pets period. You will not be
able to get another dog ever. I know most of you on the View are a dog owners,
how would you like your current pets to be the last you ever see? What is
needed is required education for pet ownership. What is needed is for Joe Blow
to spay or neuter his pet, but for me as a breeder of German Shepherd Dogs for
show and pet to be allowed to creat new dogs for the fancy and pet owning
public. I sell with education and will take back any animal I create if the
buyer cannot keep the pet. There are so many careful and
 concientous breeders who deserve to continue to breed so that you can have
your pet and I can have my show dogs.
  If you research the actual facts about what sort of animals are destroyed at
"sheilter" you will see most are ferrel cats that are producing with no human
contact or intervention and that the rest are animals who were bought but never
trained or have become ill with no money available to help them.
  Lack of training should not bring about punishment by death to the dog, but
rather punishment to the person who never bothered to get educated about owning
an animal.
  Dogs are not natural animals, they are created by humans in early society as
are cats. We created them we are responsible for them.  Humans should be
punished for not being educated and for not considering the conquences of their
animal reproducing.
  Mandating sterilization will not end overpopulation, it will take ligitmate
breeders undground or out of the state.
  Law breakers will continue to break the law no matter how many laws are
passed. And people of conceince will move to a safer place to continue to work
for the betterment of dogs and cats.

  I hope this generates some feed back from the show to me.  I will let you all
know if this happens.  In the meantime I will be dropping off the list soon to
go to DC and make things happen for Mom.  She will be set vacation too right
before the movers take her computer.

  sheila

 Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.