[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: while I was reading the list.....

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>, the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:00:58 -0700 (PDT)

I looked past that to what the hosts had to say.  I feel they are in front of
the camera so much more that they would be the best way to get the message of
sterilization as a moral issue, and that there are good quality breeders who
need to be able to continue producing dogs or cats for the pet owning public,
who should not breed, but should support good breeders.
  sheila
Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      I'd like to see the dog that could produce 7000 puppies, wouldn't you?
Even if the dog had 15 puppies in every litter...that would mean over 400
litters...(466) and
considering that the average bitch is breedable only twice a year, and MIGHT
(not shouldn't) be bred twice a year from age 6 months to 10 years, you can't
come up with 400 litters no matter WHAT language you count in.  Then go
back...15 is far from the number of puppies in an average litter.  Say the
average bitch running loose
manages to have 20 litters (and that would not happen, either) of 5 (I believe
the average litter, when one considers all breeds, is 4.5)...even that is only
100 puppies...
and any bitch breeding like that wouldn't have a great survival rate amongst
her get..........how stupid!.

    Mary Tyler Moore is an idiot........if you follow her thinking, most of us
women have missed the boat by not having 4 or 5 children each.  EACH.
Sheeeezzzzzzzzzzzz
Peggy

Kate Syssoloff wrote:

how many dogs  just one female can produce ... Something like 7,000 or more.
How does she  forecast that?  How does she know there will be any female
puppies produced  at all?  This kind of generalization bugs me.  Such blanket
statements gets  to the public and because it's said on air, by dim witted
celebraties, it's  believed.  Kate