[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: while I was reading the list.....

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rockannand@xxxxxxx, the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:45:41 -0700 (PDT)

I agree the generalization is wrong, and no, we don't know how many pups would
come from a single bitch.  But I want to get the attention of the hosts who can
do us a lot more good.
  sheila
Kate Syssoloff <rockannand@xxxxxxx> wrote:
One of the first things Mary Tyler Moore said was regarding how many dogs
just one female can produce ... Something like 7,000 or more. How does s=
he
forecast that? How does she know there will be any female puppies produc=
ed
at all? This kind of generalization bugs me. Such blanket statements ge=
ts
to the public and because it's said on air, by dim witted celebraties, it=
's
believed. Kate =0D
=0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
=0D
From: sheila lieberman=0D
Date: 7/11/2007 9:11:41 AM=0D
To: the list=0D
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] while I was reading the list.....=0D
=0D
I had The View on. They mentioned AB1634 when Mary Tyler Moore was on
talking about Broadway Barks, a group that takes shelter dogs and places
them in homes and foster homes. The comment was "why is this opposed" I
wrote to Joy the following:=0D
=0D
Why not a manditory spay neuter? I will tell you why.To require all
animals to be neutered will mean no new dogs or cats that are properly br=
ed
and raised at all. I do believe that dogs who are just pets and owned by
average people should be spayed or neutered. But there are quality breede=
rs
of many breeds of dogs and cats who are producing animals of quality for
pets and show. To end all reproduction of pets will end the existence of
pets period. You will not be able to get another dog ever. I know most of
you on the View are a dog owners, how would you like your current pets to=
be
the last you ever see? What is needed is required education for pet
ownership. What is needed is for Joe Blow to spay or neuter his pet, but =
for
me as a breeder of German Shepherd Dogs for show and pet to be allowed to
creat new dogs for the fancy and pet owning public. I sell with education
and will take back any animal I create if the buyer cannot keep the pet.
There are so many careful and=0D
concientous breeders who deserve to continue to breed so that you can h=
ave
your pet and I can have my show dogs.=0D
If you research the actual facts about what sort of animals are destroy=
ed
at "sheilter" you will see most are ferrel cats that are producing with n=
human contact or intervention and that the rest are animals who were boug=
ht
but never trained or have become ill with no money available to help them=
=2E=0D
Lack of training should not bring about punishment by death to the dog,
but rather punishment to the person who never bothered to get educated ab=
out
owning an animal.=0D
Dogs are not natural animals, they are created by humans in early socie=
ty
as are cats. We created them we are responsible for them. Humans should =
be
punished for not being educated and for not considering the conquences of
their animal reproducing.=0D
Mandating sterilization will not end overpopulation, it will take
ligitmate breeders undground or out of the state.=0D
Law breakers will continue to break the law no matter how many laws are
passed. And people of conceince will move to a safer place to continue to
work for the betterment of dogs and cats.=0D
=0D
I hope this generates some feed back from the show to me. I will let y=
ou
all know if this happens. In the meantime I will be dropping off the lis=
soon to go to DC and make things happen for Mom. She will be set vacatio=
too right before the movers take her computer.=0D
=0D
sheila=0D
=0D
---------------------------------=0D
Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.=0D
Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.=0D
=0D
=3D=0D
POST is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the property of the origi=
nal
kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND o=
the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.=0D
=0D
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSL=
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL =
BE
PROSECUTED.=0D
=0D
For assistance, please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx=0D
=0D
VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org=0D
=3D=0D
=20

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on,
when.