[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: wda show

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:37:58 -0800

YES
One could breed a GV to a GVX or a Sieger to a Siegerin and still come out
saying "How in the H*** did this happen???"   "Where did THIS come from?"
All anyone can do is study pedigrees, study breed type and characteristics,
decide what you need to improve and what is an absolute deal breaker.
Sometimes you get a star, sometimes you get YUCKO.
Learn and don't get bogged down too much. Be BRUTALLY honest in your
assessment of your stock.  Don't beat yourself up over problems, because
they WILL happen eventually to all of us.... and don't think you are
so fabulous if you get that star.
Afterall, only God / Mother Nature control actual zillions of  gene
pairings.  The best we can do is breed with improvement in mind and hope for
the best.
But then I am preaching to the choir, I realize, lol.
Kathy
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
PUP-DATED:  OCT 5, 2009
Home of:
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

"En Victoria , Veritas"