[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was temperment - why test

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, chsweetsun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 12:11:51 EST

In a message dated 2/27/2005 10:29:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> The test as outlined by our club does not require the Judge to even touch
> the dog and the approach is to be from six to ten feet- the judges have
> taken this beyond the requirements and we need to take a closer look at the
> situation-Kris

If this is so Kris, then the judges are not performing the loose lead
procedure as outlined.  The only time the GSDCA requires judges to use this
procedure
is at a futurity or the national and has no control over what judges do when
they are judging at other specialty shows.  If the problem is with the AKC all
breed judges, then it appears we need to give our AKC delegate some
instructions for dealing with the problem.

Tish