  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:24:16 EDT

Good idea, Barb.   My son (who teases about when the avian flu hits) has
started me stocking up.   He started this because we live out from town, desert
style.   Hot water heaters...keep them clean, so they can be a water source.
We're finding out how to keep the fresh water holding tank in my 'little
trailer" for a source.   Have to add a bit of bleach, I think.   Canned goods,
dehydrated foods, remembering to rotate them and use them to keep them fresh,
and
watch for can leakages in all canned foods.   Canned string beans do NOT taste
good, and while canned beans are a great source of protein, you really have to
watch the cans...and tomato products cans, too.
But I have a question.   We check our dog food bags for freshness dates.
How could you keep a large supply of those on hand, how do you know that the
food is still good?

Stormy
In a message dated 7/17/06 4:15:22 PM, Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx writes:

> Thought I'd share this idea ,  for whoever is interested.
>    I  am   buying up some  extra bags of Canidae  Dog Kibble( and have the
> correct plastic containers to keep them in)and  buying the large gallons of
> bottled water and storing in the house and kennel... Personally, in the
> event we
> have a catastrophic  weather event or  a terrorist attack,  we and our  Dogs
> will be able to be fed and watered...
>    We are also  gathering up canned food, and water for ourselves...

Stormy Hope
UPDATED 2/11/06....CHECK IT OUT!!!!
www.FairhopeGSD.com