[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: practical applications

  • From: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:04:17 EST

You've been in the breed for a long time.  You've seen many of the greats.
You've seen great movement and so you know it when you see it.  Is that the
case for everyone?  Maybe it isn't?  Have you ever sat ringside and disagreed
with anyone about movement, or just a dog in general?
If two people disagree about a GSD, who is right and how can you prove it?
The standard calls for specific angles.  Whether or not you look for them
doesn't discount the fact that they can prove that your opinion is right.
Those
called for angles are responsible for giving us dogs that move so well. Without
them, what you think is a great moving dog, might not have ever existed.

Like most people, I watch a dog and can decide if I like it or not, without
having to measure angles.  However, when I see one that doesn't move quite
correctly, I like to figure out why.  If someone disagrees with what I like,
its
nice to be able to explain why I think what I think. It seems from my private
email that quite a few people do study, or at least like to read about angles.
I trust that they will quit reading the posts before they get too cross-eyed.

Tom Langlitz

-
In a message dated 3/21/2005 7:33:10 AM Central Standard Time,
Danannkennel@xxxxxxx writes:
I have never really been concerned with all of this.  if i like what I  see
in movement it  doesn't really make a whole lot of difference to me  what the
angle is. Same in judging.

Seriously explain to the new people in the breed how they should be using
all this info that is being given out because I imagine there are a lot with
crossed blurry eyes about now