[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: practical applications

  • From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Danannkennel@xxxxxxx, Gsdman2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 00:52:42 EST

In a message dated 3/21/2005 9:30:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Danannkennel@xxxxxxx writes:
Feeling a puppies shoulder and knowing it is correct is only one of the tools
used in selecting what puppy I keep and what goes in a pet home. It was never
meant to be the only thing that is important. Likewise in judging if I had a
good sound moving dog  with a less than proper shoulder when I put hands on
it. And a poor moving dog who felt like he had a perfect shoulder. The better
mover would win. On the other hand if I had two dogs who were the best two in
the class the were equal in movement I would put up the one with the more
perfect shoulder to the touch. [and all I am checking with my hands is length
of
scapula] because he is more apt to keep that movement. AGAIN LET ME SAY IN 39
YEARS OF JUDGING I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN WHERE IT CAME DOWN TO THAT.
FRED