[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: practical applications

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:28:09 -0500

    I agree with Tom.  No, we don't measure angles...but we do need to
understand them, even if only in our subconscious...
and while it is possible to see and appreciate beautiful movement, it
does help to understand what makes that movement beautiful, so that we
can explain it if we have to.  Personally, I'd love to sit with Chuck or
one of a few other people and watch a really large entry of quality dogs
and exchange ideas with the dogs in front of us.  As it is, sometimes
I'm not sure we're all talking about the same angles, but if we were
talking with dogs in front of us there'd be less confusion.
    In any case, it never hurts to have these discussions...just look at
how much thought people are giving the topic!
Peggy