[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: just a question

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tigra12@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 09:49:42 EDT

In a message dated 6/7/2005 9:28:02 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
The next  newbie I met at a show with her husband and their new dog,  whom
they  pay for $$$$, yes they told me.  They asked me my opinion, and  when  I
asked
them what was their goal they got upset that I didn't think the  dog  was
good
enough for the ring.  My response:
"As  versatile as this breed is, there is so much to do performance wise,
why
don't you look into some of the other aspects of the sport.  You  could  show
this dog in conformation, but it is my opinion he will  have a hard time
finishing".  Haven't talked to them since,  seen them at other shows.   Nope,
I was
not selling them a  dog.  I don't have any dogs for sale.   But they were not

after "learning".  They were after getting their egos  rubbed,  told me the
big
breeder's name, the amount of money they paid,   recited the entire pedigree.

So?  that didn't change the fact  that  they had a nice pet.

LOL!

Two years ago at our Specialty, our pres asked me to go over to a couple  who
had a older puppy and offer to fix its ear.  Oh nooooooo...what if they
didn't know it was a problem I said?  Come with me, so he did, made the
introductions, I stuck my hand out and said, "hi, I'm Kathy" and Mr. stuck his
hand
out and said I'm DR (last name).  hmmmm.....bit formal for a dog show,  but
ok.....

Pres suggested they talk to me about taping the older puppy's ear and beat  a
hasty retreat...

DOCTOR proceeded to tell me how much they spent for the puppy and her  entire
pedigree and did I think she would be a winner and was that too much to  have
spent....(it wasn't for a nice pet).

I replied, show "dogs" are rarely for sale and IF they are the price is
subjective, it's a matter of IF not HOW MUCH.  I wasn't about to comment on
their
puppy....she was cute and I hope they enjoy her.

I invited them to contact me early the following week saying they were
welcome to come to my home, telling them what they would need to buy to put her

ears up and suggested we'd do her ears and nails, since they were having a hard

time with that and had been taking the puppy to the vets' for nails.   NOPE!
An hour was too far away for the dentist and his wife, gosh, their  breeder
was closer than that and she had offered too and could I call them  and arrange
to come to them????

Noooooooooooooooooooooo.

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_