[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: just a question

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: JParker0127@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 08:09:39 EDT

In a message dated 6/6/2005 11:51:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
JParker0127@xxxxxxx writes:
I have  been to many types of dog shows, and am wondering one thing.  When I
was new to the show ring it took for ever to get a smile or nice job  from
some
of the other exhibitors. (not that it stayed that way  long  <BG>)

Why is it that at some of them (UKC, INTL.  Shows) its like all for  one and
one for all.. where at the AKC shows  it seems if your not in a click you
are
ignored totally? I sure wish  the AKC shows were as much fun as some of the
others are.

Maybe just maybe this is why we don't have more newbies coming  to  the shows
to show their dogs? just a  question.

JP

It takes two people to have a conversation.  If you say something nice  first
("what a cute puppy!" or "congratulations!") you'll have a new  friend.

I sat next to a lady Friday at a performance event and she was quiet and
withdrawn.  She had a dark dog and was worried and he was getting  warm.  I
asked
if she'd like to use a spray bottle full of water.  By  Sunday we were
friends, she had introduced me to a dozen people and I had  learned her other
dog
had passed away last week.  So...if people aren't  immediately welcoming I go
the extra mile, don't internalize it and usually  discover they have a reason
for being quiet;  maybe they are nervous,  intense  or have a lot on their mind.

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_