[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: it's a dog show - not a horse race....

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Beryl Eshom" <arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 10:46:27 -0600

Hi..the quote about the three categories of breeders and the "wealthy
novice" can be found in chapter 5 on page 91..on page 90 he begins the
discussion about the "3 categories of the GSD fancy" As to the below about
the different judging style that you witnessed.. Early in the book there is
a discussion about the extensive gaiting that was used by von Stephanitz in
1925 when he put up Klodo v Boxberg Sgr., but no mention of walking. Just a
note.. the judging of this class took two days!.this dog also finished in
the US when he was purchased..perhaps this is why judges feel extensive
gaiting is needed so that weaknesses of gait are exposed. It also states
that temperament was severely examined. Seems like the founder of our breed
couldn't even find the best dog in such a large class in one  or two passes
around the ring..what took him two days..takes some two minutes! Christine

Most
> > on this List would find this book "politically" incorrect as it speaks
of
> > destroying all dogs that display poor temperament, eradicating all
animals
> > who have fertility issues and who lack vigor and failure to disclose
> > honestly those health issues or other problems your lines might posses.
It