[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: explanation of my post on Yasko

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 13:27:22 EST

I will ask admin if it's o.k. to discuss lines of dogs that are no longer
living and the breeder no longer breeding.   BUT, that said, my first thought
of
improvement was to gain movement and elegance.   Lost some traits, but hoped
to pick those up with the pups, pups, so bred to a male that incorporated a
much better head (underjaw), more bone throughout, and along with the front and
elgance I picked up, it was coming together.   STILL would reach for a shorter
coupling, better feet, shorter hocks and more consisten pigments.
Temperament is fine, but understand Fred's thought about that Bold, Confidence.
  Maybe
we were so concerned about the "family" pet that our shepherds lost some of
that BOLD.   But if I, a real newby, could work to improve, and did it,   by
watching, reading, listening and doing it with the dogs available here????   I
am
NOT saying that the same traits couldn't be incorporated with imports, Czech,
Australian, Chinese, if you will, but it CAN be done with what we have
produced, too, can't it?
I would love to discuss the lines that made the poor feet dominant,   the
snipey heads dominant, the long backs dominant, so others could avoid those
lines.   And I could watch for them if I ever decided to encourage a breeding.

AND the lines that created those beautiful heads and the elegant necks. Are
they
one and the same?   or a specific ancestor?
Stormy
In a message dated 1/7/05 10:41:01 AM, EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx writes:

> In a message dated 1/7/2005 8:54:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> willowlakegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> > OK I'll bite...What are you looking for in a German Stud Dog that you
> > cannnot find in an American stud Dog?
>

> That would be dog or bitch.
>         I am looking to Improve Feet, Pasterns, Ligamentation, Secondary sex
> characteristics, Backs
> [Hard not humped ] but mostly Hard Bold Confident Temperament [ Without
> being aggressive ] and in the process not lose the American style and
> ability to
> compete successfuly in the American show ring.

www.FairhopeGSD.com