[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: dog laws

  • From: "Stormy V. Hope" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 17:53:55 -0800

Evan, do you really think that giving more than $$ value for the dog is a good
thing?  Aren't we a bit concerned about the dog not being 'property' with that
decision?  What happens to the malpractice insurance that vets have a to pay
now as a result… or dog handlers or boarding facilities.  What happens to our
house insurance when the neighbors' dog and ours get into a scuffle and the
neighbors' dog get the worst of it.
On the other hand, I appreciate that our dogs' noses can certainly be valuable
on our winning this war on drugs (read a tiny bit of sarcasm in there.)

Maybe I should go back to reading about Will Trent.

Stormy

On Mar 3, 2013, at 4:48 PM, ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

> For those who are interested the United States Supreme Court just decided
> that the drug sniffing alert of a German shepherd is admissible evidence in
> a court of law.
>
> California Supreme Court just decided that the damages for injuries to a
> dog may be higher than the dollar value of the dog.  There can be emotional
> damages for injury to your dog. That is a great beginning, and California is
> often the progressive direction of the rest of the country.

Stormy V. Hope