[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What this "white" person brings to the table

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: barbara17236@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 11:55:06 -0500 (EST)

Like I said, I really don't care.  I clap for all specials, doesn't  matter
to me.  It's polite. Just don't ask/expect me to respect  a breeder
involved in ANY breed who chooses to breed DQs.

And if a floppy eared GSD beat me in the group than I guess I had better
take a loooonnngggg hard look at what I was sending to the group ROTFL!

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 2/5/2013 11:28:20 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
barbara17236@xxxxxxx writes:

It's a personal
 preference.

Same here, Kathy:)

When I became involved with whites they were not a DQ in  Canada.   Many
whites have been shown in the CKC (Canada) and  have earned CKC CH points.
Some were close to finishing their CKC  Championship when the color was
changed to a DQ.

Whites have always been showable in the UKC (United Kennel Club) as  German
Shepherds.   And, before everyone starts with  the UKC comments you may be
interested in knowing that the majority of dogs  being shown in UKC today,
also compete at AKC shows.   I am talking  about AKC Champions and Group
winners.    Some GSD show folks  on this very List compete in UKC with their
AKC
CH German Shepherds.

As far as allowing the white to go off and become a separate breed  -
Honestly, I cannot understand why any GSD breeder would even consider  this.
Why have breed DQs at all?   Just have  all of a breed's DQs renamed and
turned loose to go off and show at AKC  as a GSD with another name.   How would
they really NOT be a  GSD?   Let's have the Floppy Ear American Shepherd,
instead of the  GSD DQ of hanging ears?    How about One Nut Wonder
Shepherds?   How about the American Blue Shepherd Dog?  Or, the  US Liver
Herder?
They wouldn't be competing directly against GSDs at breed  level but how will
you feel when the FEAS beats you in group?   How  will you feel when the
FEAS is more popular than the GSD in AKC  standings?

Becoming a separate breed is not the answer.  This makes  absolutely no
sense to me, a white owner.  A German Shepherd by any other  name is still a
German Shepherd.

Barb Hively - PA
DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German  Shepherd