[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What this "white" person brings to the table

  • From: "Kathy Partch" <jokaysedona@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSDCA Showlist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 13:20:22 -0700

Think before you calculate!

Sometimes great just isn't good enough. We see being great at something as a
starting point, not an endpoint. We set ourselves goals we know sometimes we
can't reach yet, because we know that by stretching to meet them we can get
further than we expected. Through innovation and iteration, we aim to take
things that work well and improve upon them in unexpected ways. In
retrospect offering that seems obvious but that's because now we could add
something else to a future plan. Set a new/different standard. Those are the
kinds of changes we seek to make as we grow, and we're always looking of new
places where we can make a difference. Ultimately, our constant
dissatisfaction with the way things are becomes the driving force behind
everything we live for.

This being true, people often laugh when they finally realize there's a
simple, commonsense solution. I think it's a laugh of relief & of
recognition-we remember all those other times we were surprised by simple.
But I also think we need to give ourselves credit for our struggles with
complexity. We can laugh in our realization only because we're on the other
side of complexity. The simplicity of human conversation-to advocate human
conversation as they mean to restore hope to our future is as simple as I
can imagine. But I've seen that there is no more powerful way to initiate
significant change than to convene a conversation. When a community of
people like this list discovers that they share a concern, change begins.
There is NO other power equal to a GSD loving community discovering what it
cares about with its future growth, and well-being.

When you are given data, think before you calculate--

Everybody that you meet has an original point of view.

Kathy Partch "JoKay's"