[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: UPCOMING JUDGE

  • From: WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:47:00 EDT

In a message dated 8/16/2005 9:58:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
TCYPRESS@xxxxxxx writes:
> I DONT USUALLY SAY TOO MUCH ABOUT A JUDGE UNLESS THEY ARE BLATANTLY BAD.I
> MENTIONED TO THE LIST  ON THE FLA CIRCUIT  A JUDGE  GIVING A CLASS TO A YOUNG
> DOG AFTER SPOOKING 4X AND THEN GIVING IT THE POINTS.YOU PEOPLE TALK ABOUT OUR
> STANDARD AND THE ILLUSTRATION HERE'S A PERFECT EXAMPLE WHY IT MEANS NOTHING
> THESE PEOPLE WHO KEEP PUTTING UP A POPULAR HANDLERS DOGS

Tom, who was the handler?  I dont know who that judge is, are they both on
this list?  Would be good to hear their side as well.   Judges do need to stand
by their decisions and provide an explanation why... thats why i cannot
believe more people dont promote having a "breed survey evaluation".

We had a Breed Survey Evaluation over the weekend, what a fantastic tool for
the breed. We had two judges judging each dog and marking the evaluation
sheet, without conferring.  After the class was done, the judge invited only
those
who wished to return for a group placing.   At this time, each judge marked
what dog they liked in order, gave this sheet to the steward and then the
steward, one judge at a time, would read off their placing and place the dogs.
The
first  judge had to then explain to the entrants and the spectators why the
dog was placed in the order he/she chose and gave their critique and evaluation
of the dog.  The next judge followed and did the same thing.   It made us
understand WHY.. no secrets, nothing to hide, judges honesty and that was it.
It
was great to know "why" the dog was last or not first etc...

We show under judges that we feel are honest and will judge our dogs.  If
they play games , we are powerless, nothing to do but not show under them
again.
I would think after awhile only those who play that game are going to show
under that judge... what a disservice to this breed when that happens
:(          All about money... all about winning...  not even about the dogs
anymore
that saddens me...

I am sorry to hear of your experience, i am sorry to hear that somehow the
GSDC of Mass got dragged down in this.. i am sure it wasnt your intent to hurt
the club...   i can understand you wanting to get the word out but perhaps not
mentiong the next show the judge is showing at would have been more
professional.  Let the others do their homework and find out on their own when
that
judge is judging... this might have left a bad taste in somes mouth and may not
support this club.   its hard enough to promote a show on its own...  again
probably not your intent.

Regards,
Dawnmarie