[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: UPCOMING JUDGE

  • From: mlgray@xxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:21:20 -0700 (PDT)

As Show chairman for our regional club, we have our Judges schedule well in
advance of our show dates. If something occurs to change the way people in
the breed feel toward one of the Judges scheduled, there is no way to
feasibly change Judges. We do not have that in our contract with our
scheduled Judges. We have had individual handlers and/or owners enter our
show knowing they would not show under a particular Judge.

  If a club has scheduled a Judge that all of a sudden, no one wants to show
under, like in Florida, is there a major problem submitting your entry fee
and not showing your dog? If there are 45 entries for the day and no one
showed up, would the Judge get the message? The club would also get the
message that the exhibitors in the area care whether or not they survive. In
the large scheme of things, what is the $22.00 entry fee, compared to what
isspent the entire weekend.

   Just thinking

Mike Gray