[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Thyroids....the silent culprit

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 14:53:43 -0400

Just a little comment....thyroid problems are being found in more and more
dogs of more and more breeds...and in both sexes.  Sometimes there are no
obvious symptoms...but when something untoward happens, and none of the
usual tests show anything, a thyroid test will show.......thyroid problems
are easy to treat, and that's all I can say..  As it happens, I've known
more male dogs with throid problems than I have bitches........
      and if you know anyone with a thyroid problem, or who has ever had a
thyroid problem, they can tell you some pretty wicked stories (talking about
people's problems here, not just dogs).......
      Peggy