[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Thyroids....the silent culprit

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 22:49:02 EDT

Groomers know to tell clients to have their animals checked for low
thyroids when they have skin and coat issues.......9 out of 10 times it turns
out
its the thyroids. Of course, that demographic deals with, mainly, spayed
and  neutered pets, not breeding animals. I think breeders need to listen,
this  is a problem.

* Ileana  *
Inquest GSD's, Home of :
2 x Sel EX AM CH & Sel CAN CH Karizma's  Cacique of Inquest TC, aka DEXTER
Kaleef's Expensive Date (major pointed) aka  JACKIE

In a message dated 7/3/2011 12:50:36 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx writes:

In a  message dated 7/2/11 11:31:00 PM, InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:

> It  appears low thyroids are to blame for all the skin  and   coat
> problems, allergies (that may not be allergies after all), and  troubles
> for
> bitches getting pregnant, and even  behavioral issues.

Many years ago I had a bitch who was  very late in having her first heat
cycle, she was pushing 18 months and I  was beginning to worry if there was
problem.   My vet  suggested we test her thyroid and wouldn't you know it,
as
she came into  heat we received the results that her thyroid was normal.
She
was just a late bloomer and successfully went on to whelp her first litter
when bred after the age of three.   Apparently the thyroid does  control
estrus cycles which could be problematic.   When  hormones are out of
whack, it
really can screw up body functions, etc.  just ask ladies of a certain age?

;-)
Pat

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.

MANNER  OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PER
MISSION OF  ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY