[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The members all need the Nationals

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 13:25:32 -0700

> There is a very good reason why the Canadian National is almost  always at
> the same location every year.....almost 50% of the membership  lives in
> Ontario.
>  In a recent count of 258 members, 110 lived  in Ontario, 115 in all the
> other 9 provinces inclusive, and 33 USA  members.>
> So with that in mind, perhaps you want to suggest it should be where  the
> members are? Remember, the top 5 states for members are California,  Florida,
> Texas, New York and Pennsylvania.    Perhaps it  should be in 1 of these
> states
> most of the time it the smart Canadian  attitude prevailed.  I am sure you
> would support this Amy !> Molly>
I don't believe that membership numbers is the reason the Canadian National
is so successful while it remains in the same location every year......
MANY of the people from the West Coast are at every Canadian National and that
is because it is EASY TO FLY INTO with dogs!!!   If that changes with the
Airline
changes......so will their entry.  We flew directly into Detroit from Calif.
and drove.
We haven't been able to do that with a U.S. National since Perry......and it
really
didn't matter.......until the Airline and aircraft size changes.
That does change everything!
Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com