[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The members all need the Nationals

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 11:56:09 -0700

From: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>>
> Dick is correct, as he usually is. We have to consider that we  will have
> smaller nationals every other year or so. This does not mean, however,  less
> income. When we go to a location not as central, or off the beaten track,  we
 may > just pay less, and have more profits.> > This is a club. It is to serve
its
members, and that means all  of them. To > allow those members on one coast
 or the other to have the  opportunity to > attend a national without flying
thousands of miles at least some  of the time, > should be a goal of our club.
>             **************************************
Not worry about less attendence with dogs and less income just so we can have
a National in an area where some who otherwise don't bother with the National
will come for that one year???
Perry, Ga. was at first considered "off the beaten track".....but it was so
easy to
fly
into Atlanta (main hub for Delta) and that's why it worked.  THAT is what
matters.

Evan writes:>
Were we just in it to make money, then the national should be  in one central >
location every year. But, we are not a company trying to always  build >
profits.
 We have to have consideration for all the members, and balance  the needs
> of the club, the breed and the members.  That means rotating the  location of
> the national.
It's a DOG SHOW ......we need to have the National where we can bring THE DOGS.
We don't care WHERE it is......we care if we can, or can't, get there WITH
DOGS!!
THAT is what  balances the needs of the members.   A National with dogs.
NO ONE EVER COMPLAINS ABOUT ROTATION!!!   We complain about accessiblity
WITH DOGS!  THAT IS the needs of the members!!
When rotating....make it an area we can fly into with no connecting
flights...OR
drive!
Use the main hub Airports and rotate all you want!!    Make sure it is within
any
reasonable driving distance for the drivers and accessible for flyers WITH
DOGS,and
we're there!    Why is this so difficult to understand??   We should be working
on it
and not still debating it..... with no dogs....it's a moot point!!!!

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com