[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Support of GSD by Design

  • From: caggra@xxxxxxx
  • To: billgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 11:01:01 -0500

This may not happen often <vbg>, but I agree with Bill!?? I received forwarded
emails telling me to withdraw any support from the GSDbyDesign site and quite
honestly, I am more appalled by that than by the Roast.??I like all people
involved in this "feud", but right is right and wrong is wrong.? I think
Becky's site serves a purpose and fills a void for many GSD fanciers all over.?
It also gives fanciers a great way to advertise IN COLOR very inexpensively!??
Not everyone can afford $425/page for color ads.??Those who can, the Review ads
are great, but this gives everyone options.?? Whether a mistake was made or
not, who cares.? It's off the site and it's over.? The Roast was pulled
immediately after a few expressed concerns over it.?
Are we really going to let something like?a Roast?affect us all to the point
where we are trying to hurt someone, their business and a great site we can all
get something positive from??
At the end of the day what will that accomplish?? Revenge?? Justice?? Just to
hurt someone??

Myself and my clients will continue to support the GSDbyDesign site.? Not
because we agree with the Roast but because it's a smart thing to do.

Jeff Pyle

Bill Basu <billgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
? I have been out of commission somewhat since the National. My wife wasn't
impressed by my handling the GVX, she put me back on tasks and "honey do's"
that
have not been taken care of.
Today i had the chance to get on the GSD by Design site and saw that there was
some controversy over the Ed Barritt Roast. I sent an email to Becky the editor
telling her how much the GSD by Design site filled a void for a high
quality,timely and cost effective means for advertising our dogs and dog
activities to an open and wide audience and applauded her for her idea and
efforts to put this togethor. She replied to me that some people have pulled
their ads and she has lost some advertisers due to the controversy over the Ed
Barritt Roast.
This saddended me as we are not supporting a medium that is very benefical to
the majority of us.

Now with that being said, do i understand that some people were offended by the
Ed Barritt Roast, absolutely, i understand that point of view.
I think in any endeveaor such the GSD by Design site, sometimes you make
mistakes and miscalculate things. But as i told Becky with risk there is no
return.

For those of you that were offended, i ask you to please reconsider and give
Becky and her site another chance. I'm sure Becky has learned from this and
will
perhaps be more judicious in her choices, but i am convinced that this web site
is a very valuable tool and Becky has her "heart in the right place" and has
shown that she is bright, capabable and service oriented to give the fancy a
tool that we sorely need.

Please, i ask you all to support this site as it will in the long run benefit
us
ALL!!!!

Btw, i have never met Becky, don't know who she is, just know her Website is a
great idea and she has made it work.

Let us support her and give her the "benefit of the doubt". Please!!!!!

Bill

Tired of spam?? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

POST is Copyrighted 2007.? All material remains the property of the original
are permitted without prior permission of the original author? AND of the

MANNER
ALL

http://mail.aol.com