[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Support of GSD by Design

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 22:26:48 EST

In a message dated 11/8/2007 10:18:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  InquestGSD
writes:
I don't know Becky. But I do  appreciate the job she, and others, do with GSD
by Design. This was a project  long overdue.

What keeps coming to mind is:  What comes first, the chicken or the egg?

I read the roast, and the only thing that came to mind was, yup, that's  Ed.
No dressing up, just good old Ed. Now, I DO understand how that may  look to
people who don't know Ed, but if Ed isn't mad, why is anyone else  mad????

Throughout the years Ed has amassed an incredible amount of stories an
anecdotes. Some people find them amusing, some people don't care for it.
Personally, I wouldn't want my 5 year old niece to hear them, nor my 12 year
old
nephew to be the target of some of the f****** comments.

What's the real  complain, Ed's words or the fact that those words were
posted?  I  find Ed can be highly amusing, most times irreverent, and
absolutely
real. So  to hear people quote him in the true context of his persona doesn't
bother me  at all.  But I wouldn't want my kids exposed to that. Not on a
website, and not on a award speech either.

Putting it on an online site?  Maybe Becky exercised poor judgement by with
the roast. But was it meant  to be hurtful? Apparently Ed doesn't think so, so
if he is not offended, why  are we?  I think Becky now joins the million of
publishers and editors  that have to write an apology. But I don't think she
meant to be hurtful. This  looks like a mistake. One she is tried to rectify
and
one people keep alive  for who knows what purpose.

So Linda expressed  her  objection over Becky's poor judgement.  And Becky
apologized and removed  the offending post.  What more do we want?  Becky's
head
on a  platter????  It is not like she committed treason against the state,
for  goodness sake.  Hell, how about complaining about people who commit
offenses and real crimes and continue to sit on the board?

And who tries to influence people  to not send ads to the GSD by Design? Now
that sounds to me a little extreme,  almost like a personal  problem.

Other people called on Linda's  poor judgement when she walked around the
National arena with the now famous  "FL Rocks!" sign.  I think all these
situations were of the quality of  "You had to be there". Linda was exercising
her
freedom of speech.  True, for those not knowing the characters it may look
crude,
but "you  had to be there". <G>

We all know and enjoy (most of  the time) Ed's ramblings.  So lets drop the
hypocrisy.

Bottom line, we all get carried  away sometimes, but that isn't reason for
the rest of us who use, enjoy and  appreciate GSD by Design to be castigated.

I think GSD by Design compliments  the Review BIG TIME. Giving people an
option to compete in the advertising  arena at  much more affordable rates.

Where else can you afford to brag  about your pups and dogs, and whatever,
without going broke?  I think  people will continue using The Review for the
historical value, but GSD by  Design affords people to brag quicker, and
cheaper.
 It is a very  impressive site. No arguing that.

So lets all get over it.  In  the future, if people do not want to be quoted,
they need to watch what  they say in the first place.

But Ed? Leave him the hell alone. And stop pestering Becky. Two  different
people, same message.  Get it?

Just my humble  opinion.

Ileana