[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Standard proposals

  • From: Karen M. Carloni <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 00:47:13 -0400

On Tue, 20 May 2014 17:29:49 -0700 (PDT), "Joan Fox"
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender
"campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC) wrote:

>The wording for the changes came from where?
>Not AKC. So the members need an answer.

The wording for the changes came from the PC Board.

None of us has seen what is to be voted on presently, but
I would guess that any change to the section on "Head"
involves the color of the nose and the fact that the nose
is attached to that particular body part.  ;0

Unless something has been written into the "Head" section
of the proposed, new Standard such that the nose pigment
shall blend with the color of the coat in a blue or liver
dog and be solid BLACK in all other colors, this revision
will still be a huge gigantic FAIL as the Standard will
still be contradicting itself, as it always has. One would
think -- since much time and money is being spent to amend
the Standard and have a vote -- that it would be high past
time to correct this flaw in the Standard's wording, but
who really knows what people are thinking? Still, the fact
remains that, since neither a blue nor a liver dog can
have a BLACK nose, the GSDCA Standard will still be
contradicting itself in a pretty big way by putting those
colors as a fault in one section and outright DQ'ing them
in another.

Don't blame me! I wrote BOTH AKC *and* the Board about
this very subject.  Oh well... LOL!  ;0

Hey? Totally off-topic... Can someone in the know
(Stormy?) please shoot me an email (private is fine)
explaining what the heck all this "redacted sender" stuff
is about? Thanks bunches!  :)
--
Karen C.
Email: kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx