[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sick and Tired of Dog Talk???

  • From: ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, Stormy435@xxxxxxx, cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:01:50 -0700 (PDT)

I saw a dog that did very well at major shows under all arounders that had a
very dead tail and dragged his rear recently. It must have been clean coming
and going. <G> Ann
Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  After being off the List for
a month I came back on about 3 weeks ago and after
seeing conversation going on at that time...... I POSTED a long post about
dragging
toes, flopping tails and rotating stifles....no follow through, no drive and
rears that
pump up and down instead of drive forward, and flipping UP pasterns...etc...

One Lister was very interested and engaged in the conversation and when she
used a terminology used for Dalmations for a 'fast or short stepping'
dog.....and
that terminology generated more conversation than the concern for the
malfunctioning
rears of a Herding Breed.........??

THAT being said.......without Evan's Schedule in front of me I think it is time
to discuss
colors again!!!!!! YIKES!!!
Actually someone ( no I won't say who....nor the pedigree ) sent me a photo of
a very
nice looking white GSD that was from a brother sister inbreeding.......and
there were
three very prominant show dogs in the first three generations. The other side
...the
( dam ) were dogs I would not recognize.....ALL were listed as black and tans
or black
and creams. Surprised me on the inbreeding....and the dogs in the pedigree.

Has anyone seen any of the dogs with malfunctioning rears herd.... to know if
they can
twist, turn, accelerate and stop and turn on a dime while evading and herding
sheep?

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com