[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: SIBO

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CLOVERLEIFE@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 23:19:47 GMT

Kelly had terrible spells of diarrhea and hemorrhagic diarrhea that sent him to
the ER more than once.  He was tested for a lot of different things including
EPI with negative results.  When I heard about SIBO I asked my vet to test him
for that (a simple bloodtest sent to Texas A&M).  BINGO!  The test results were
consistent with SIBO.
He was put on a 30 day course of tetracycline and given the Eukanuba (now Iams)
Low Residue kibble (and some of the L/R canned added as a treat).  He was given
nothing else to eat except for the L/R diet.

He remained diarrhea free for a few months until my vet told me to wean him
back to a normal diet.  He ended up back at the ER with more hemorrhagic
diarrhea.

He was again given a 30 day course of the tetracycline and put back on the L/R
food for 18 months.  When my vet had me wean him back onto a normal diet (Eagle
Pack Holistic Select "fish" food with variouos canned foods, table scraps,
treats, bones, etc) he did well, never had another bout of diarrhea for the
rest of his life (he went to the Bridge last July).

Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uidB94023 - Link to The Hooligans
Albums

-- CLOVERLEIFE@xxxxxxx wrote:
i purchased a young puppy and 2 weeks after i had him, noticed cowpies with
his stool every 3 to 4 days and thought it might be SIBO....according to  the
test, he does NOT have EPI....i have tried low residue food with no better
results and he has been on Tylan powder BID(1/4 teas) and yogurt BID and
probiotics....special food doesn't seem to help....in the morning he has dark
solid
stool, then a lighter formed stool and then extremely  light
cowpies....normal fecal....he defecates 3 times in the morning before  10am and
goes again in
the evening....any suggestions to help this pup would be  appreciated....he
now is little over 6 months....again 3 to 4 days he has formed  stools and then
cowpies....my vet feels bacteria in the gut....also because of  the bacteria,
can it result in toxic gut as he gets older ??   thank  you....natalie
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?scf8072%26hmpgIDb%26bcdÞ;
cemailfooterNO62)

is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Find the perfect photo - click now.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/fc/PnY6rx8VZ7S6dAOnDrSgSamLzrcyS5Gd8GgL0LetPv4VSMyL2GgBA/