[ SHOWGSD-L ] RESCUE UPDATES

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 04:27:30 -0700 (PDT)

Another week has gone by and we have been VERY busy here at LHSH! Our number of
Sanctuary dogs has grown by two more. Brooke, whose Guardian Angel
Krystal Crowe found her in a kill facility with little to no hope of being
adopted, is
slowly gaining weight and is now ready to make the trek to Last Hope in SC and
join our other Sanctuary dogs Bertha and Hope. They will be joined by yet
another
abandoned senior....this one at LEAST 12 years old, who is sitting in a kill
facility in SC. This is a "shelter" that utilizes heartstick for euthanization
so his rescue was
critical! I will post his petfinder link at the bottom of this message...his
face is haunting. His rheumy eyes stare out through the chain link just
pleading for release.
We ARE his Last Hope!
There are two four month old purebred GSD puppies that are winging their way to
rescue in Florida from a Georgia kill shelter. These pups were destined to be
euthanized today; because of your donations, their future is bright! They are
being seen by the vet this morning for their health certificates and
vaccinations paid for by LHSH. We would like to thank Barbie Balyeat for
pulling a very needy GSD from a shelter in Mississippi! Barbie is fostering
this young gal while transport is arranged to a Missouri GSD rescue. Krista
Hansen in NC has assisted in the salvation of Larrissa...a sad GSD who is
nearly devoid of fur. She and her sibling were picked up as strays; Larrissa
suffering from flea allergic dermatitis; emaciated and broken in spirit. She is
currently at Dr. Gensels in Elizabethtown while being treated for her condition
and will join Krista's pack as soon as possible!
Toby is being pulled from a gas facility in Trumbull County Ohio. He is in need
of transport from there to Terri Belanger in West Virginia on Sunday! If you
can help with this, PLEASE contact Vicki Burkey or Pat Lukos!!  Even a leg of
the journey would be helpful.
We are still trying to get our little family of Misha and 3 puppies out of
Irvine Kentucky and on their way up to Lilac Grove in Rye NH. If you live in
this area and can assist in ANY way, PLEASE contact me! Many of the transport
companies have either closed up or have gone DNT (do not transport) due to
horrendous conditions in the transport vans. Some pups have arrived at their
receiving rescues either dead or dying due to lack of working rear a/c's in
these rolling coffins. Now more than ever, we are dependant on our volunteers!
LHSH board members will be at the Canfield Ohio shows next week as well as the
Roanoake VA shows. Please take a moment to come by and say hello!
With the addition of Grandpa, the two puppies, Brooke, Toby, Larrissa and
Barbies gal....there are now 227 more tails wagging....227 more smiling
GSD's....227 more chances at life..due to the generosity of the people on this
list. We could not do this, and CANNOT do this without you! We are in need of
beds, dog houses, stainless steel buckets and bowls for our Seniors. Toys or
boxes of biscuits are also greatly appreciated...remember...many of these dogs
never HAD a toy!
You can "adopt" a Senior with a pledge of 10$ a month (thats just 32 cents a
day!).
We will send you a picture of "your" Senior along with updates! Consider giving
this as a gift to the person who has everything! Our Seniors say "WOOF!!!"....
As always, thank you to the Administrators of this list....you guys rock!
The Team at Last Hope Safe Haven Inc. (below is the senior in SC link)

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=748504&Board=55&page=1&fpart=all&gonew=1#UNREAD