[ SHOWGSD-L ] RESCUE UPDATES....

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 07:02:22 -0700 (PDT)

Zeus is a drop dead gorgeous Rin Tin Tin look alike who is sitting in a South
Carolina shelter. This boy is in a concrete cage that is barely wide enough for
him to turn around in, let alone lay down. Here is his petfinder
site:http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10909147
There were very few adoptions over the Holiday weekend. People are having to
make the difficult choices between feeding the dog or the family; hence MANY
handsome GSDs are finding themselves in tenuous situations. Some of these lives
have a price of merely 20$ on them; a sure lure for those looking for "bait"
dogs. If you can help by fostering for your local GSD or All Breed rescue,
PLEASE consider helping one of these abandoned waifs before their light is
extinguished!
Mikey arrived safely at Last Hope Sanctuary in Holly Hill SC this weekend! He
is very shaky and somewhat confused as to where his people are, but we are
hoping that with loving care and good food, he will assimilate into Julies
pack.
If you would like to sponsor one of the many senior or handicapped dogs who
will be housed at Last Hope, please contact me at info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We will be happy to assist you.
LHSH is in need of assistance in transporting a dog from Tully NY to
Utah....yes, I know....a LOOOOOONG way, but if you can drive a leg of the
journey, please let us know...
We would like to thank Pat and Vicki for a weekend of fundraising, which
brought in a whopping $478!!!! Way to go, guys!!!!! Lets keep this going with
the June 14th Baystate Specialty her in Massachusetts,  where LHSH will be
hosting a table offering a raffle with baskets from Yankee Candle and other
items for sale! Come by and say Hi!!
As always, thank you to the administrators of this list for allowing us to
continue to utilize this venue. We shall be eternally grateful!
The Members of Last Hope, Safe Haven Inc.

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven
Donations may be made to:
Paypal via windwych@xxxxxxxxx