[ SHOWGSD-L ] RESCUE UPDATES

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 04:58:30 -0700 (PDT)

First, let me say THANK YOU to all those who purchased tickets and items at the
Bay State German Shepherd Dog Club show last Saturday! Your generosity will be
paying for the recovery of a 14 week old GSD pup who was pulled from a Georgia
kill facility that same morning! This baby's gums were grey and every bone
visible. He will be on his way to a Florida rescue this coming Saturday where
he will continue his rehabilitation. Thank you as well to BSGSDC for hosting
our table and the donation of Royal Canin coupons for our Seniors in SC.
Thank you to Kristal Crowe and Threese Clark for your participation in "Walk in
the Park" last weekend! The money raised and the contacts made are
invaluable!!!
At this time, we have a Senior GSD in Flint Michigan...this poor elderly gal is
in a CAGE..not even a kennel run and it is not large enough for her body. Flint
is a LOOOONG way from SC, or even our newest Safe Haven in Georgia...we need
help to pull and transport her!
There is also a 1 year old solid black male who is living tied to a tree with
an overturned barrel for shelter in Wonewoc, Wisconsin. The person who took him
pretty much decided he was too much dog for her, and he was relegated to the
back yard. He is there 24/7....the picture is heartbreaking. If you live in
this area and can help with holding this boy until a
Rescue can be located, PLEASE contact me asap! This is no life for this baby....
LHSH now has THREE new volunteers! One is Bev Schaner in Georgia who has
offered to act as another Safe Haven. She is new to Rescue and we will be doing
her home check by next weekend. Thanks Suzanne Kinman for this contact! Steve
Dobbins has opened his heart and home to Mimi; a senior gal who still has live
and love to give! If you know anyone who might be looking for an older
companion, please contact him! THANKS STEVE!!
Liz Bennett is the Founder of Bandits Place in CT. She was kind enough to come
to our
show on Saturday and assist me with our table! Liz has offered to take
Sanctuary kennels from us for permanent residents as well as for dogs who are
up for adoption.
If YOU would like to permanently memorialize a beloved companion who has
crossed over, you can do so with one of our Sanctuary paddocks. When you donate
toward the cost of a
paddock, LHSH will pay for a plaque with your dogs name which will hang on the
gate for as long as it stands.
LHSH would like to thank ALL of the volunteers who have committed time, money,
energy and dedication by transporting, pulling, fostering, or otherwise
networking these dogs in need!!! As always, thank you to this list for allowing
us to utilize this venue! We couldnt do this without you!
The Members of Last Hope, Safe Haven Inc.
Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven
Donations may be made to:
Paypal via windwych@xxxxxxxxx