[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: RAINBOW BRIDGE

  • From: michael meyer <rmanindy_1956@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, solanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 18:27:40 -0800 (PST)

Sorry about your lost   Michael
--- On Fri, 11/14/08, solanagsd <solanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: solanagsd <solanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] RAINBOW BRIDGE
To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, November 14, 2008, 8:46 PM

Its with mixed emotions that I write to you all tonight...
This afternoon with quiet dignity Miss Gabby went off to join all those
that have gone before her at the Rainbow Bridge.
Gabby came to me in Jan/Feb of this year at 10+ years of age...no
she wasn't abused or neglected..she was WELL FED and she was
WELL LOVED....until her daddy could no longer care for himself much
less his well loved furfaces...THE FAMILY for whatever their reasons
were, put her and her beagle buddy into a kill shelter..left to die
alone and not knowing WHY their lives were turned upside down.
At 10+ years her chance of adoption was slim to none...when I saw
her story I offered her a forever home for whatever time she had
left.
Gabby was rescued and placed into foster care while transport was
arranged for her to make her way from Virginia to Michigan.
Thank God for the angels that were her saviors, her foster and her
transport....without all of these wonderful folks her end would of
been bleak..Instead she was given a second chance and lived out the
remaining months of her life being loved and cared for...My life is
a lot richer for having given Gabby that second chance. She came
into my home and our life here with quiet dignity and was content
to just be with us never causing a moments grief...that is until today,
when I knew it was time to let her go. Gabby was only here for about
10 months but in that time I grew to love her and respected how
she dealt with the changes in her world..she asked for nothing but
gave me all the love she had. My grief was no different than it has
been for every other one I have held in my arms as they crossed
to the bridge...Our time  together was just a bit shorter thats
all!
I want to thank each and every person that does SOMETHING  for
LAST HOPE...maybe its donations, maybe its fostering, or transporting,
no matter what it is, its each of YOU that made it possible for this old
girl to have been given a second chance and for me to have felt her
love ... Thank You and God Bless you all
Deborah Gebhard
Solana Shepherds, MI
http://www.myspace.com/solanagsd
Proud Member
Last Hope Safe Haven for German Shepherd Dogs
http://lasthopesafehaven.com/
http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/ChHaley
is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the original

MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION
OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.