[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Questions as to Purpose of dog shows

  • From: <nhansburgh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, "Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx mail list" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 20:43:08 +0000

that depends on how competitive you are. i think conformation is more the
thrill of the sport then obedience where lots of dogs qualify and get a leg. my
own interest in obedience is based on the six commands that every dog should
know. i do not care about perfect scores or crooked sits i care about the dog
enjoying it. in conformation only one dog or bitch wins so its more competitive
and therefore harder to get and more thrilling but then i am very competitive.
---- Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2012, at 12:10 PM, Stormy Hope wrote:
>
> Horse racing is more along the lines of dog Performance Trials... It's
> for the sport and for the thrill. I do think that is in a different
> category than dog Conformation shows.  They do have horse shows for
> studs and fillies. Walk and Trot classes.   (I've been  doing a lot of
> horse talk with horse people lately... back to my teens and in love
> with horses all over again)
>
> Although in cat shows, there are classes for fixed cats and for pet
> cats.  (and Cat Agility:)  Same thing... It depends on the purpose of
> the event and then, more so I guess, on what each exhibitor sees as
> the purpose as it pertains to him/herself.
>
> Stormy
>
> On Sep 27, 2012, at 11:52 AM, Joan Fox wrote:
>
> OK... let me see..for the $$$$$? LOL
> At least the have the opportunity to win money.
>
> Speaking of this, my 6 week old male puppy out of Bono and an Uzi
> daughter is named Time and Money and his call name is (drum roll)
> Hutch! (for Dr. Robert Hutchinson).
>
> Joan
>
> Joan F. Fox
> website:  http://www.campaignersgsds.com