[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Questions as to Purpose of dog shows

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx mail list" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 12:15:57 -0700

On Sep 27, 2012, at 12:10 PM, Stormy Hope wrote:

Horse racing is more along the lines of dog Performance Trials... It's
for the sport and for the thrill. I do think that is in a different
category than dog Conformation shows.  They do have horse shows for
studs and fillies. Walk and Trot classes.   (I've been  doing a lot of
horse talk with horse people lately... back to my teens and in love
with horses all over again)

Although in cat shows, there are classes for fixed cats and for pet
cats.  (and Cat Agility:)  Same thing... It depends on the purpose of
the event and then, more so I guess, on what each exhibitor sees as
the purpose as it pertains to him/herself.

Stormy

On Sep 27, 2012, at 11:52 AM, Joan Fox wrote:

OK... let me see..for the $$$$$? LOL
At least the have the opportunity to win money.

Speaking of this, my 6 week old male puppy out of Bono and an Uzi
daughter is named Time and Money and his call name is (drum roll)
Hutch! (for Dr. Robert Hutchinson).

Joan

Joan F. Fox
website:  http://www.campaignersgsds.com